See how the Green Vehicle Guide helped Allan
The rising costs of fuel and environmental concerns led recently retired Canberran, Allan, to discover the Green Vehicle Guide (GVG) website to help inform his next car purchase.
“I knew I wanted to make a greener choice that didn’t break the bank with my next car,” Allan said.
“I saw a couple of second-hand cars for sale in my area – one of which was a hybrid. I used the GVG comparison tool to compare the cars and work out my annual fuel costs and CO2 emissions.
“It was surprisingly easy and helped me narrow down my choice. I ended up buying the hybrid.
“I was spending $160 a week on petrol – now I’m spending about half that! I guess it pays to do your homework,” Allan said.
The GVG website makes doing that homework easy for those looking to buy new or used cars. The website has simple tools and information that can help you drive greener and cheaper, including:
- Search and compare tool – compare fuel costs and environmental impacts of your top car choices.
- Fuel and CO2 calculator – calculate total annual fuel costs and CO2 emissions.
- Home charging calculator – estimate electric vehicle charging time and costs.
- Fuel lifecycle emissions – discover a vehicle’s emissions over the full fuel cycle .
- Top 20 performers – see the top performing and selling vehicles in Australia.
- Vehicle guides – read information on different types of fuel-efficient vehicles.
Find out more:Back to News